Certifications - Rescue Diver
"Challenging" and "rewarding" best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you've already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems and how to manage them if they occur.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it's the best course they've ever taken.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Rescue Diver Course.
What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer and accessories. Inquire with Catalina Divers Supply about the gear you'll use during this course.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Rescue Diver crewpak includes all materials required to complete the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must:
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses.)